1. Acknowledge your true self. Fulfill your own expectations, not someone else's.
2. Concentrate on your inner life. Look more to your spirit than to the clothes you wear. Be more concerned with your connection to The Source than to your clothier.
3. Heed your own dreams and goals. Dream about what you really want to do or be. Dreams tend to come true went dreamt "hard" enough.
4. Take responsibility for where your occupation is taking you. Is it where you really want to go? Let not yourself be easily led by others who have they own agendas.
5. Choose activities that help you define yourself. Do things that make you feel good when everything in your life is considered. Certainly take into consideration the desires of others. But let them not dictate.
6. Keep command over your health. Determine to be as healthy as you want to be. Then make it happen. Couch potatoes only grow flabby and gray (sometimes, with a little mold sprouting here and there).
7. Be conscious of your mind. (Pun intended.) Know your opinions, for example, and express them kindly when appropriate. Cultivate your creativity - - it keeps you alive.
8. Emote. Seldom keep emotions bottled up until they erupt geyser-like. The pressure developed when always "sucking-it-up" will one day cause a thermal spring to melt all in its path.
9. Be your own person. Let not others dictate who you are or will be. Stay away from people who are always "downing" things and other people. They'll pull you down too.
10. Be adventurous. Stay not in your rut. A rut, after all, is only an open-ended grave. Make a few major ripples (ripples at least) in the pond of your existence.
Follow these phrases beginning now and change your life for always.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dr._Robert_Henry_Schwenk Dr. Robert Henry Schwenk - EzineArticles Expert Author