Independence means the freedom to separate ourselves from personal ideologies and intellectually challenge ourselves to see the full scope of an issue in order to find real solutions for the good of the whole.
Independence means we must not depend on the opinions of others, but on the factual issues and actions of individuals and our governments.
Independence means choosing to empower ourselves with the information to independently make up our own minds.
Independence means creating a world society in which we can perceive nations through a satellite view, rather than a microscopic view, and make value judgments based on what's good for the future, rather than the present.
Independence means we have the freedom to pursue personal needs while choosing global motivations, and face the consequences of those actions, both wonderful and tragic, with the intent to learn, grow, and gain wisdom.
True independence means recognizing that every type of thought and belief system has something to teach, to offer, and that if we learn from those in our world, our chances of creating real change for the betterment of all increases exponentially.
Wisdom demands we further our own independence by freeing ourselves from the prison of personal experience by embracing realities other than our own and thereby freeing ourselves from the shackles of ignorance.
J.R. Turner is the author of the award-winning novel, “My Biker Bodyguard" and the Knight Inc. adventure series. Visit http://www.jennifer-turner.com to find out more.
Wish we could all stay motivated forever - but we all know that that is not possible. There are however steps you can take to get yourself back into groove sooner rather than staying low for long periods of time. Here are my top ten ways to get yourself motivated:
1. Motivation Books: This is my number one tip. Books written by experts are full of tips and strategies to motivate you. True motivational stories are inspirational. 2. Motivational Music: Music can always do wonders to your mood - Buy good motivating CDs, MP3s or download from iTunes. You can just let It play in the background and continue doing your work. I like to listen to positive music - irrespective of whether or not I need a dose of motivation.
3. Audio Books: These again can be played in the background - does not require too much of your involvement (like books). Listening to interview podcasts with successful people is another effective method.
4. Take a Walk: Sometimes just getting away from your work and taking a walk can be very effective. It refreshes your mind and helps you get clarity on issues at hand. 5. Motivational Quotes: Just a few well written quotes can do wonders to your mood. This is why desktop calendars with good quotes are so popular. Reading a quote at the start of the day can help you start your day on a positive note.
6. Past Successes: Remember your past successes. Remind yourself how you worked through the obstacles and achieved your goal at the end. This can be quite uplifting. 7. Become Picky: Be very picky about the type of news you consume (in the media). Too much television or too much depressing news can have negative effect. 8. Break Up Your Goal: Break your goal into simple actionable steps. Do a few easy ones first. Once you can actually see what it will take to get your goal, things will seem far more attainable.
9. Deadline: Set yourself a deadline - share with others that you plan to finish something before a certain day.
10. End Result: Spend some time thinking and listing down all that you will gain by moving ahead on a project - at the same time also list down what you will lose by working on a project. Sometimes just seeing it all paper can work miracles on your mind.
The author, James W Terry, is passionate about helping people reach their goals. James believes that reading Motivation Books is one of the primary ways in which you can stay motivated for all round success. Check out his website for resources on Motivation. On his website, he presents to you some of the most powerful and inspirational Motivational Books ever written.
There are many ways that can make our lives happy and fulfilling. We just sometimes tend to forget about it because we are drawn to our demanding jobs and busy life. Doing something good for others is an essential thing to live a fulfilling life. Happiness may also come from simple things and small packages that, if we only give time to savor these little pleasures, will make our lives better each day. 1. Be optimistic. Have positive thoughts. Get rid of thoughts about failure and hindrances that is not there. Believe in miracles. Believe that anything can be made possible.
2. Learn to be satisfied and contented. Instead of thinking about that extra money you could have earned, learn to appreciate what you have. Stop telling yourself the 'If only...' . Be thankful of what you have.
3. Organize your life. Learn to make time for everything. Give time to important people around you. Have time to work and play.
4. Extend help. Find ways to help in your own ways. Donate to a charity. If you don't have the financial resources, offer your services for free.
5. Be friendly. Be happy. Good friends make you live a fulfilling life too. Be friendly and make lots of friends. The more you have, the happier is your life.
6. Be healthy and fit. Stay healthy. Being happy is also about being healthy. Exercise. Enjoy your favorite sport. Enjoy a morning jog with your spouse or a loved one. 7. Enjoy simple things in life. You don't have to prepare a lavish celebration to enjoy life. Take happiness from the simple things in life. Enjoy walking in the park with your spouse, or your dog. Enjoy gardening, have a movie with the whole family, bring the kids to an amusement park or enjoy dining out together. Treat your spouse or partner to a simple dinner. Have a good laugh.
8. Don't hold grudges. Learn to forgive. The more we think about the mistakes done to us, the more we think of getting even and the more our life will be stuck on the unhappy times of our past. Move on. Do not cling to a bad past.
9. Think about what you want in life. Dream. Instead of constantly thinking about what you don't want in your life, think of the things you like. Think about what you want to achieve. Think of a good life ahead.
10. Smile and you will definitely attract a wonderful world. This simple gesture can always draw positive things around you. Smile to a new neighbor. Give your smile to a person you don't like. You don't need to love him or her. A simple smile can help you forget about your differences.
11. Give a love one a good hug. Showing and telling the people that you care is indeed one good way to live a fulfilling life.
Carolyn Anderson is a freelance author who also enjoys a lot of hobbies and interests in life. For great ways to attract good things and live a fulfilling life, she recommends The Absolute Secret. She also recommends I Create Reality if you want to discover ways to achieve the things you want in your life.
Are you facing obstacles in your path? Do you get to feeling defeated when things seem too hard? Many successful people do not know what the word defeat means. Do you listen to all those little nagging voices in your head that tell you can't do something or that you really will never achieve something? Do you tend to think in pessimistic terms when you are faced with a seemingly huge challenge? Or do you think of a challenge as an adventure and look at things in an optimistic way? Do you believe that you can do whatever it takes to achieve something? Well, if you are somewhere in between read on for some ideas on empowering yourself to deal with challenges and work against defeat.
1. Get rid of all the negative thoughts in your head. Be consistent about throwing out the negative thoughts and replace them with a can do attitude and thought. Have you encountered someone who is constantly thinking negative thoughts and sure enough those negative thought patterns become real. Just as true when someone practices positive thought patterns, good things happen. We have the power within us to think positive, develop it.
2. Develop the mindset that you do not believe in defeat. Pretend that there is no such thing. Look at obstacles in life as challenges that you look forward to. Tell yourself that whatever the task or obstacle is you will face it and conquer it. After all you are a successful, worthy person and you believe this.
3. Watch a person you know who is empowered and manages their life on their terms. What traits or values does this person have that you can mimic? It really does work.
4. Instead of looking at a problem as a potential defeat, try looking at it as a question and learning experience. What can you learn by looking at the problem? Can you attempt to make something even better by examining the problem at hand and changing something?
5. Be like a stern parent in your life. Tell yourself that you will not allow self-defeating practices within yourself. Remind yourself that this is not an option.
Practice allowing success to enter into your life. Use a mantra each morning and evening, something like the following;
I will only allow success and positive acts in my life. I do not believe in defeat and see my problems as chances to benefit to move on to an even more perfect life.
Choose to live this mantra and pretty soon you will be empowered to overcome defeat in your life.
Would you like to learn more about becoming empowered? Do you have dreams and desires that you want to achieve? This is my passion, helping women grow. For more tips, click on http://www.thegoddesswoman.com get your free gift, my e-book "The Goddess Woman". Live the magnificent life you deserve!
How to Turn Procrastination Into Action, or, how to stop putting something off and get it done!
Do you have an item on your "to do" list that has been there for ages and somehow you just never seem to get round to doing it? Is it annoying you that it has been on your action list for so long? Have you been avoiding doing something that you really want to get done?
Follow these easy to use steps to turn your inaction into action.
1. Do you really want to do it? Before you go any further, take a look at the item you have been avoiding and ask yourself if you really want to do it? If you don't and there will be no negative consequences from not doing it, why not cross it off your list?
If it is something that you think you need to do or should do, do you really need to? Is there another way you can achieve the same objective? For example, you may have "go for a run" on your daily to do list. If you want to get fit and you are repeatedly not going for a run, consider alternatives: take up swimming, go salsa dancing with a friend, buy a space hopper and have fun with your kids. Find what works for you and will help you achieve the same objective.
If it something that you "have" to do, ask yourself if you really have to or if actually you want to. I had been putting off doing the paperwork to renew my driving licence (because I've never been too keen on form filling) and kept telling myself that it was something that I "had" to do. When I realised that I didn't "have" to, but rather I "wanted" to, because I wanted to be able to carry on driving, that subtle shift made it easy for me to get on and do it.
2.What are the benefits of getting this done? Consider all the reasons for doing this and all the benefits of achieving it. Such is life that sometimes we have to do things that we would prefer not to, in which case the main benefit of doing something maybe so that we can cross it off our "to do" list and not have to think about it every time we look at the list. Also want to consider what happens if you don't get this done.
3.What is getting in the way of you not doing this? Is anything stopping you from getting this done? Do you need something, some information, help from someone else or something else in order to get this done? Work out what you need in order to move forward and get it sorted.
4. How will you feel? How will you feel once you have achieved this? You may be relieved to finally have got it sorted, satisfied with yourself or pleased with a job well done. Imagine how you will feel and hold onto that feeling.
5. Break the task down into the individual steps Break the task down into the individual steps and take the first smallest step NOW. For example if you have been putting off updating your CV, then dig out the latest copy or set up a new document on your computer. If you need to make a phone call, then look up the number. Take the first step and you will be on your way.
And finally, STOP THINKING and JUST DO IT! and then cross it off your "to do" list with a big flourish).
Copyright 2009 Jo Orgill
Jo Orgill is a life and careers coach who works with women in their 30's and 40's who want to change something in their lives or who have something specific they want to achieve. She assists them to reach their goals. She lives in Mallorca and in recent years has changed most aspects of her life. To read more about Jo and her life coaching, visit http://JoOrgill.com
Birthdays have inspired some of the funniest birthday jokes, quotes and sayings. So, sit back and get ready to read some of the funniest birthday jokes around.
Q: What do you give 900-pound gorilla for his birthday? A: I don't know, but you'd better hope he likes it! Here's another one of those great birthday jokes:
When I was a child my family was so poor that the only thing I got on my birthday was a year older.
It's my wife's birthday tomorrow. Last week I asked her what she wanted as a present. "Oh, I don't know", she said. "Just give me something with diamonds". That's why I'm giving her a pack of playing cards.
If there are 23 people in a room, there's a 50% chance that two of them will share a birthday (it's been proven mathematically).
What did George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Christopher Columbus all have in common? They were all born on holidays. Here's another one of those great birthday jokes:
A man asked his wife, "What would you most like for your birthday?" She said, "I'd love to be ten again." On the morning of her birthday, he got her up bright and early and they went to a theme park. He put her on every ride in the park - the Death Slide, The Screaming Loop, the Wall of Fear. She had a go on every ride there was. She staggered out of the theme park five hours later, her head reeling and her stomach turning. Then the were off to a movie theater where they ate popcorn and sweets and drank Cola. At last she staggered home with her husband and collapsed into bed.
Her husband leaned over and asked, "Well, dear, what was it like being ten again?" One eye opened and she groaned, "Actually, honey, I meant dress size!"
Q. What was the average age of a cave man? A. Stone Age!
Q. What goes up and never comes down? A. Your age!
Q. What party game do rabbits like to play? A. Musical Hares!
Q. What did the bald man say when he got a comb for his birthday? A. Thanks. I'll never part with it!
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
It's not about age, it's about attitude. Here's another one of those great birthday jokes:
The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once.
A well adjusted woman is one who not only knows what she wants for her birthday, but even knows what she's going to exchange it for.
The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. - Lucille Ball
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened. - Jennifer Yane
A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age. - Robert Frost
Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!
You were born an original. Don't die a copy. - John Mason
Fred: I was going to buy you a handkerchief for your birthday. Harry: That was a kind thought. But why didn't you? Fred: I couldn't find one big enough for your nose.
When is your birthday? 17th January. What year? Every year! Here are some more great birthday jokes:
Grandma, is it exciting being 99? It certainly is! If I wasn't 99 I'd be dead.
Why couldn't prehistoric man send birthday cards? The stamps kept falling off the rocks!
Where do you find a birthday present for a cat? In a cat-alogue!
Why did the boy put candles on the toilet? He wanted to have a birthday potty!
Why did the boy feel warm on his birthday? Because people kept toasting him!
What does a clam do on his birthday? He shellabrates!
"Doctor, I get heartburn every time I eat birthday cake." Next time, take off the candles." Here are some more great birthday jokes:
Where would you learn to make ice cream? At sundae school.
You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake. - Bob Hope
What is the left side of a birthday cake? The side that's not eaten.
Q. Does a pink candle burn longer than a blue one? A. No, they both burn shorter!
Q. Why did the birthday cake go to the doctor? A. Because it was feeling crumby!
Q. What do they serve at birthday parties in heaven? A. Angel food cake!
What did one candle say to the other? "Don't birthdays burn you up?"
Why was the birthday cake as hard as a rock? Because it was marble cake!
Did you hear about the time Eddy's sister tried to make a birthday cake? The candles melted in the oven.
Academic Convocation stands as one of life's milestones marking the course of individual progress and achievement. It reminds graduates about their role in society and also a time for them to reflect on their past in order to shape their future. It is not only a joyous moment for the graduates, but also the lecturers, the university's authorities and all those who have helped to make the university a success in one way or another. It acknowledges their family and friends who have provided support and to celebrate together the sense of pride and accomplishment felt by everyone.
This morning, I've celebrated this joyous moment again with my Post Graduates who have finally succeed in their pursuit of knowledge for a better future. As adult learners, I really admire their hard work and determination. They have foreseen the opportunities that lie ahead of them and determined to move forward no matter what people says. They have sacrificed their heart and soul to realize their dreams and truly follow their heart.
To my dearest Post Graduates, Congratulations! I’m really proud of you and hope you’ll attain whatever dreams that you aspires! All the best to :-
Master of Management (Technology) Aida Irwana, Anantha Kumar, Azrul Hanafi, Fahmi, Hanuar, Hatem, Julienah, Leow Yi Run, Lim Kim Yew, Mohamed Ali, Ridha, Azrin, Ramesh, Ramlah, Sallaudin, Siti Umamah, Tan Soon Pin, Zainun and Zeaid.
Master of Science (Human Resource Development) Alexson, Andrianto, Azidahani, Farahiyah, Hafidzul, Hashim, Ilangkovan, Mariah, Ery Johaizal, Rusdi, Ridha @ Edy, Nasir, Fazlin, Noraziyati Bazlin, Hazira, Nurhafizah, Hasyinah, Rosli, Saraswathy, Sekam, Siti Hasliah, Siti Zarah, Wong Li Jean, Yuzlina and Zakaria.
A special message dedicated to my Post Graduates....
Today is your day. It is an important and memorable event in your lives. You have achieved distinction and made your family proud. Remember this moment... The degree you have obtained is a recognition of success. Apply the things you have learned as much as you could possibly could. Your degree represents an advantage in today's marketplace. Be proud of what you have accomplished. Build on it for the future. Spark up your creative minds to innovativeness that would reinforce your knowledge and other capabilities that are vital in this challenging globalisation era.
You will be forever close to my heart. If you're thinking of pursuing your PhD, my door is always open for you, just like it has been before. Please keep in touch and feel free to contact me anytime......! Adios!