When the world says "Just Do It", I say "Just Don't Do It". Yes, there are several things that you should not just do it. The list of such things is never ending but here I will highlight some of them that are essential for your overall growth and success. Most of them are based on my personal experiences. Here, we go:
* Just don't spend time unwisely if you have it. Check out your list and there will be many important tasks to be done. If by chance none then use this time judiciously to upgrade your skills, good reading, following your hobby etc.
* Just don't eat anything because its there in your refrigerator, somebody is offering you, its dinner time, or its left on your plate. Eat only when you feel hungry. Develop the habit of right eating.
* Just don't buy anything because sales are going on. Buy things only when needed.
* Just don't navigate Internet. Internet may become an addiction and a great time and productivity killer. Before surfing Internet, plan what you need to do there - checking important mails and not every mail that is there in inbox, doing relevant searches only. To avoid unnecessary chat, keep yourself invisible and initiate chats only when required.
* Just don't read anything that comes your way. In our information rich society, be selective about what you read. Read what is required and according to your taste. Develop the habits of quality reading - reading faster, better, and grasping forever.
* Just don't download anything - be it freeware, eBooks, movies, and music. They all constitute digital clutter. You may end up lot of time in exploring, organizing, and taking backups. Download eBooks when you are finished with previously downloaded ones. Listen music and watch movies online.
Just don't spend money because you have it. Prefer investment over saving. If you have surplus money then charity is a good option.
Just don't collect anything because it is freely given. They can be brochures at exhibitions, used items or anything.
And the list goes on...
If you will follow "Just Don't Do it" then you will have ample time and energy for things that you should "Just Do It." End result would be: A More Satisfying Life. More the Achievements, More the Happiness.
Al-kaatib, a masters in computer science & eng. and a software professional from India, loves writing on variety of topics like computer science, spirituality, and self-improvement. He maintains his blogs at: http://www.crossroadsbyzainvi.blogspot.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Al_Kaatib
2 years ago