A wise decision is one that is empowering and produces results that benefit not only yourself, but the other important people in your life as well. How you’re living your life is a direct result of the day-to-day choices you’re making. Simply put, the wiser your choices, the more empowered your life is.
How Do You Make Wise Choices?
Here are some steps and suggestions that may help:
1. Make your choices based on your core values and beliefs. Don't try to do something you truly believe is wrong. Know what is important to you physically, emotionally and spiritually and then refuse to compromise your integrity. Listen to your inner values and beliefs and act accordingly.
2. Know what you want and why you want it. Stay focused on what's important to achieving your goals. If your "why" is big enough, you'll make the wise choices that will keep you going forward. Understanding and being able to tap into your values and beliefs will give you the self-confidence to know what is best now and into the future.
3. Listen to your instincts. Instincts can play an important role in wise decision-making. Listen to the physical signs - stomachaches, headaches, procrastination - they may be giving you valuable clues. Listen to the emotional signs - nagging feelings of uncertainty, restlessness - your emotions are telling you something powerful. Instinctively you know what is best, start trusting your "guts."
4. Eliminate self-doubt. With healthy self-esteem comes the self-confidence to trust in yourself and your decision-making skills. The past doesn’t equal the future. Learn from the past and head positively forward. Seek out advice or counsel if you feel it is necessary. List the pros and cons of the decision you want to make and then trust you’ll make the right choices.
5. Face facts. Face the facts as they are today. Realistically form a plan that will successfully take you from where you are now to where you want to be in the future. Trust in your ability to make wise decisions. Start from where you are today and go forward!
6. Form a support network with other empowered like-minded people. You don’t have to go it alone. When you share your hopes, dreams and goals with people who also believe in success, it can be a tremendous boost to your self-confidence. Rule of thumb: Listen to the suggestions of others but remember, the ultimate decisions are yours. Listen to your core values and be aware of your instincts. Make the choices that are best for you and your current situation.
Learning to make the right decisions at the right time is a powerful skill. It's not always easy to make a smart choice, especially in times of stress or pressure.The best decision-making tool of all is an unwavering belief in yourself. A positive belief system fosters and nurtures the confidence that you can and will make smart choices and wise decisions.
Read more: http://personaldevelopment.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_make_wise_decisions#ixzz0GPlN34Uk&B
2 years ago