Some people seem to have more energy than others. They are the doers that can take on more activities, put in more effort even after everyone else has quit. People bursting with energy have three things in common: they deeply honor and respect themselves; they completely accept themselves for who they are and don't take themselves too seriously, and they see challenges as opportunities to be creative. The key to a successful and happy life is feeling energetic. When you're energized, you feel a power within yourself to achieve anything. So what are the secrets to having more energy, instead of feeling tired and rundown?
1. Regular exercise is one of the secrets. It keeps the blood circulation in top form, raises the heart rate, gets rid of toxins in the body through the sweat, and is guaranteed to wake up the entire system. Three times a week for at least 20 minutes is a must. Try it, and see the results.
2. Oxygen in the blood is another one of the secrets to greater energy. Stand up and stretch those muscles, and take several deep breaths several times a day. A good supply of oxygen in the blood will energize you!
3. Food, the fuel needed to keep you going is also one of the secrets. Never skip breakfast . It is what jump-starts your day. A good, healthy breakfast like fruit juice, cereal, and milk will see you through the morning like nothing else. Lunch should be the time for a protein boost. Then in the mid-afternoon, when people experience a drop in their blood sugar, a light snack of fruit will perk you up. And a balanced dinner will give you the necessary nutrients to finish the day and get a restful sleep.
4. Sleep is the only way to recharge after a busy day. Most people need at least 7 hours of restful sleep. Growing kids, of course, need 8 to 9 hours. After a restful night, you will wake up ready and eager to face the day.
5. Indulge in something you love to do. A hobby, sport or pastime is a great energizer. Spend some time doing something you love every day, even if only for an hour. It will make you happy, and give you more energy to do other things.
6. Laughter is undoubtedly the best energizer. Laughter generates chemicals in the blood that boost well-being. Laughter gives an over-all feeling of relief. Indulge in a good, hearty laugh every day, and enjoy the boost of energy it gives you.
7. Love is the energy of life itself. Love pumps adrenaline into your bloodstream, puts a smile on your face, and brings out the best in you. So love something or someone, and remain energized for the whole day and the rest of your life.
Source : http://www.allsands.com/potluck1/howtoenergize_uul_gn.htm
2 years ago