The Learning Assistance & Resource Center at West Chester University of Pennsylvania is pleased to offer the following tips to help students who are preparing for final exams:
• Review should come early while material is still fresh in your mind.
• The first reading of the material should be followed by a break of several hours before a second reading of the same material.
• Predict exam questions using as many as possible resources including questions the textbook, chapter headings, class notes, and previous quizzes and exams.
• Keep all previous tests and review them prior to taking the final exam.
• Several days before the final exam, plan four or five assigned times in which to cover all of the term's material.
• The last session should be spent looking over the material of the whole course.
• Review the main points, especially those you find most difficult.
• As a rule of thumb, go through the main headings of the text or your notes and see if you can remember the content.
• For the week before and during exams, life should be as normal as possible and normal habits of sleeping, eating, exercising, etc. should be maintained.
• Get rest. A clear head is important for the efficient taking of exams.
• Eat a nutritious breakfast (or meal) before the exam, but do not overeat. Complex carbohydrates are better than foods high in fat content.
• Arrive early and choose a seat where latecomers will not disturb you. Do not sit by a window or next to the door; you will be distracted and will lose your train of thought.
• Look over the entire exam paper to see how long it is, which parts count more in scoring, or which parts may be easier to answer or require more time.
• Answer the easy questions first! Attack only one question at a time without worrying about the ones to come.
• Outline before answering essay questions.
• Leave a few minutes at the end to review your answers. Do not second-guess your answers to multiple-choice questions; your initial "hunch" is usually right.
To my beloved Aizat (son) and Ika (daughter), and also to all Post Graduate students of FPPSM :-
All the best for your coming Final Examinations! (20 April - 10 May, 2009). Good luck!
From : DR. HONEY
1 year ago